Some customers have reported performance issues with their AMD Radeon HD 7970M graphics card using drivers installed with their Notebook, or the latest official AMD drivers. A BETA driver has been made available by which in some cases has shown to dramatically reduce these performance problems.
Please find below instructions on how to install the new BETA driver.
1. Completely uninstall previous AMD driver (using "Uninstall Software" in the Windows Control Panel)
2. Completely uninstall previous Intel HD Graphics driver
4. Go to Windows Safe Mode and remove AMD driver remnants with "Driver Sweeper" (press F8 on startup and then select 'safe mode', driver sweeper can be downloaded here : http://www.guru3d.com/content_page/guru3d_driver_sweeper.html )
6. Install the current Intel HD Graphics driver (download link: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3498&DwnldID=22019 )
8. Install the new AMD driver (Catalyst 12.11 Beta)
The following components are optional and do not need to be installed
- Windows 7 Drag and Drop Transcoding
- AMD APP SDK runtime
Please note: the Catalyst Control Center requires the installation of the .NET Framework 4.0 (second download file)
- the new AMD driver is still in BETA status
- Schenker Notebooks gives no support on this driver (yet)
- only experienced users who know how to revert to the previous state should try installing this driver
- the new AMD driver might produce random BSOD during installation
- the new AMD driver does not contain any improvements for DirectX 9 yet
- Some games might run unstable with the new AMD driver, e.g.
- Medal of Honor Warfighter